Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Running On Empty... Powered By the Lord


The Lord is teaching me more and more each day how intimately involved in every detail of my life.

Whether it's the quality of my sleep, the balance of my center of gravity while running, sitting, walking what have you. Even the very thoughts that pop into my head sometimes.

Last Sunday Papa put it on my heart to begin fasting.... For a split second I was concerned about how I could fast knowing I do run 10 miles per day back and forth to work... barefoot mind you...

Well, it's day 3 and 30 miles later and I actually feel really good! I've dropped about 6 lbs. and but my commute time seems to be staying in the 50 min in and 1 hr home range. Bruised my feet a bit on some rocks yesterday going in so I wore my Vibram's home and in and back today tomorrow they'll be ready for barefooting again. Thought my recovery and tissue repair would go down but they havent.

My sustainance is composed of a 1 oz shot of GBG Liquid Multivitamin and Mineral, pure bottled and filtered water all day, 1 glass of tomatoe juice, about ever 2-3 hrs I have a teaspoon of a mixture of MA-Plus and store bought protien powder. Today I added a small amount of Gatorade powder to the mix for a bit more electrolytes. Temps in the 70+ range lately.

The amazing thing to me right now is that I've tried fasting by my own choice over the past year or 2 and it's night and day difference when God tells one too vs self. I've had zero interest in table food of any kind even though it's been offered to me all day at work and I come home my lovely wifes amazing art work fresh off the stove. (For the kids)

I don't know how long he will have me fasting but I'm actually enjoying not having to fix breakfast or lunch and my running gate is becoming even smoother.

Lord thank you for coaching my steps.... You keep pickin em up and I'll keep puttin em down....


I will run in the path of Your commands, for You have set my heart free." - Psalm 119:32 strong>

No comments: